How did you #GoGlobal this year? We would like to see how the MIT community engaged in learning, research, service and work around the globe this year. Use your creativity and tell us your stories about being abroad! Photos, videos, blogs, articles and other media forms will all be accepted.
The deadline to submit is Monday, May 6th. There will be 5 prizes for each category. Winners will be announced in mid-May.
Submissions are open April 12th to May 6th.
The photo contest will be open to MIT students who participated in an international experience in the past year (during one or more of the following terms: Spring 2018, Summer 2018, Fall 2018, IAP 2019, or this Spring of 2019).
Participants from both MIT-sponsored programs and non-MIT sponsored programs are welcome. Students who participated in academic study abroad, international internships, international research, and service projects are able to participate.
- Up to 3 files can be submitted for each category
- You should be the creator and the owner of the submitted file
- Please name your file with your name, location and the term.
- ex. timbeaver-istanbul-iap2019
- My MIT Abroad: How did you explore your major abroad? What does academic life look like as an MIT student abroad? How do you show your MIT spirit? Bonus points if you contain the MIT logo in your uploads!
- Living Like a Local: What is your life like while studying abroad? Show us how you encounter local cultures, systems, and people or something that triggers your thoughts and curiosity. How did you adapt to the local culture/customs?
Entries will be evaluated based on adherence to the theme and creativity. There will be five winners per category. The first place winner in each category will receive a $100 in Tech Cash. The second place winners will receive $75 in Tech Cash, and the third place winners will receive $50 in Tech Cash. There will also be two honorable mentions in each category with a $25 Tech Cash reward.
We like to show off the media files we get on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Sometimes, we might even want to use them for a poster or brochure. You'll be asked to sign a waiver letting us know the file is definitely yours and that you don't mind us sharing it.
Feel free to also share your stories with us via Instagram by tagging @MITGlobal and using #MyMITAbroad